These are one of my favorite side dishes for dinner and they are simple and full of flavor! It’s as simple as chopping up some sweet potatoes, throwing the marinade on the potatoes and popping them in the oven. These potatoes are paleo and also *bonus* they’re Whole30 compliant!! WOO WOO!
Personally, I love white sweet potatoes more than I do regular sweet potatoes. BUT, they can be tough to find in the grocery store. I found the small section they are allotted at my local Publix a while ago and every time I go to Publix, I stock up on them because I never know when they’ll have them again. I’ve been rarely able to find them at Fresh Market and I don’t believe Costco sells them. The beautiful part is, if you don’t have white sweet potatoes at your local grocery store, regular sweet potatoes work well with this recipe as well. The mustard along with the sweetness of the potatoes is the perfect combination. When I made these tonight, I only had two small white sweet potatoes so I decided to go ahead and use one of my regular sweet potatoes just to fill up my baking sheet a little more. My husband loves this recipe so he tends to eat a lot of these when I make them. Okay, I’ll admit it… I eat a ton myself! 🙂
The greatest part of this recipe is that it is one you’ll enjoy year round, not just when you’re doing a Whole30! Enjoy!
Whole30 Mustard Roasted White Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lb. White Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard (make sure Whole30 compliant, watch for sugar & additives)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Peel potatoes and dice into 1-1.5 inch cubes.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
- Combine potatoes and marinade together and mix to combine.
- Spread potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.