To quote my husband tonight when he took a bite of these burgers, “Oh… Home Run Baby!” These burgers were BEYOND the best burgers I’ve ever made. They were definitely a home run… not only with my husband and myself but our daughter as well! Our two-year-old ate a burger and a half herself.
I’ve adapted my burgers over the last year to deepen the flavor and change it up a little bit. I used to make burgers the simple way, a little salt and pepper, nothing too fancy… but now I’ve learned how to maintain the simplicity of the burger but add in some enhancement.
These burgers will make you not even feel the need to load on the ketchup/mustard/whatever toppings you like. It’s delicious on it’s own! When I make my burgers, I LOVE a runny yolk sunny-side up egg on top. I hope you enjoy!
Paleo/Whole30 Grilled Balsamic Onion Burgers
- 1-1.5 lb. grass-fed beef
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried italian seasoning (oregano, rosemary, thyme)
- Sautéed balsamic onions (see below)
Sautéed Balsamic Onions
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, avocado oil or ghee
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil/avocado/ghee over medium high heat and add in diced onions.
- Sauté onions in pan for 2-3 minutes or until onions begin to appear translucent.
- Remove onions from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar. Allow to cool before adding to burger mixture.
- Combine burger ingredients and cooled, sautéed onions together and mix to combine.
- Form burger mixture into similar sized patties.
- Heat a grill pan with 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat and allow oil to heat.
- Add burgers to pan and cook for 4-5 minutes per side (shorter or longer depending upon how you like your burger cooked)
- Enjoy! I threw a sunny side up egg on top of mine and allowed the runny yolk to add additional moisture to the burger.