What chili recipe would be complete without cornbread? Another one of my favorite comfort foods. I used to make corn bread just so I could smother it in butter and honey and eat it warm! I’m salivating even thinking about it! Well, now that I’m Paleo, I needed to find a “paleo compliant” cornbread recipe. I have heard that almond flour can be a good substitute for cornmeal and the bonus part is, it’s healthy!
Unfortunately, the sweetener in this recipe is not Whole30 compliant so these are just considered Paleo cornbread muffins. You can try the recipe without the honey and make it Whole30 compliant! Let me know if you like it without it!
Paleo Cornbread Muffins
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond/coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp honey
Directions (makes 8-9 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 325 Degree F and coat muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until mixed well.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins and bake 25 minutes. Muffins will be slightly browned on the tops.